“…and what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.” – Micah 6:8
We are an advocacy group and seek to be willing hands and hearts, to make our voices heard beyond our church to the nation and the world. We endeavor to help improve the world, beginning with ourselves, our congregation and community, by becoming socially responsible and compassionate about human suffering and social injustices. We focus on an ever-expanding list of social issues. We welcome all willing hands to join us.
- Continuing to work toward full rights and inclusion for the LGBTQI community in the United Methodist Church, the nation and the world;
- Increase awareness of and work to eliminate human trafficking;
- Reduce poverty, oppression, and hunger both local and world-wide
- Conduct Adult Education Ministry classes on Faith into the World;
- Participated sine 2011 in annual Silicon Valley Parade and Festival;
- Take part in rallies and demonstration to support Social Justice issues locally;
- Advocate for Bread for the World during their annual drive;
- Conduct educational forums regarding ballot propositions;
- Work with League of Women Voters;
- Staff a table between worship services to provide information about current issues with the need arises;
- Support members of Reconciling Ministries Network and Methodist Fellowship for Social Action;
- We will continue to invite speakers to discuss social justice issues as we have in the past.
Meeting Dates & Times:
We meet for dinner and discussions/action on the fourth Monday of the month at 6pm at a local pizza house. Contact: Jean Mundell
For pictures of past San Jose Pride events click the flag below.